As written on the back of the book, “ Untwine is a spellbinding tale, lyrical and filled with love, mystery, humor, and heartbreak.” I did not think I would agree with this description as I began reading Untwine, because I feared a novel about the loss of a sibling would be nothing but depressing, but by the end, I realized it was so much more. There is a great deal of sadness, of course, but there is also love, mystery, and humor, as promised. Danticat seeps love into every page with the many relationships between characters she has created. The reader is introduced to these characters and relationships first through Giselle’s flashbacks, painting a clearer picture of them with each one, and then, once Giselle wakes up, through the interactions and conversations of the present. Giselle speaks of her own emotions and the emotions of other chara...
Comments
Post a Comment